Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Proud owner of a 1981 Electric BMW!

Despite my numerous phone calls to the California DMV to head this off, my plates and registration arrived today listing the car as a 1981 Electric BMW. I picked up the ActiveE on 1/16/12. At least they got the mode of transportation correct and the good news is that my second year registration should be super cheap with a 31 year old car. I'm heading into DMV on Thursday morning to swap the plates they sent for my personalized KNOW GAS plates from the MINI E. I'll mention the year thing but if it's a big deal, will just go with the flow and enjoy my 1981 Electric BMW for a couple of years. Since the mode of transportation is correct, I can now apply for my Car Pool Lane stickers, woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. DMV thinks you have one of these; http://www.caranddriver.com/news/bmw-e1-concept-car-news

    ReplyDelete