Saturday, February 11, 2012

Plugging in at work with the portable charging cable

I was going to write a little something about hitting 1000 miles but I'll be at 2000 tomorrow, so I thought what the heck, I'll wait and write about that then.

For now, click here to view a video where I show you the two different charging levels of the 110 portable charging cable.

When I shot this video I hadn't found the manual. Here's the official word from the manual: The cord set provides a selectable charge rate based on the minimum current capability of the interface plug and the cord set conductor sizes. The standard charge rate is 12A and the reduced (2 lights lit up) charge mode is 6A @ 125V Max. Depending on where the vehicle is being charged, the charge rate may need to be reduced to below the maximum current rating to prevent tripping the upstream circuit protection. This can be accomplished by pressing the big orange button as I do in the video which will select the low charge rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment